Re: issue with graphics imported into FrameMaker 8

Subject: Re: issue with graphics imported into FrameMaker 8
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 11:26:41 -0700

PNG is best for bitmaps.

For vector graphics, I've used WMF's successor EMF to place Visio
drawings in FrameMaker. For Illustrator, I used EPS. I've occasionally
used PDF.

Flare can be used to create source docs the same way standalone
RoboHelp can. Topics are HTML / XHTML and every topic (at least down
to H3 or H4) is in a separate file. I prefer the running text editor
and WYSIWYG PDF preview in FM.

If you can get the budget, replace RoboHelp with WebWorks ePublisher.
I'd stick with FM8 as long as possible.

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l