Re: issue with graphics imported into FrameMaker 8

Subject: Re: issue with graphics imported into FrameMaker 8
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: "Lynne Wright" <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 21:02:25 -0400

Standard answer from Adobe: Oh, we have fixed that in the latest version.

Translation: spend more money with Adobe.

Unfortunately for you, I went from the FM 7.x group to FM 10, so I don't know any quirks with FM 8. With FM 10, I usually import my graphics with the import file icon on the toolbar. It then prompts for size (DPI) before it goes in. If you are not getting a prompt, maybe you can reset settings that may fill that in automatically. I'll have to look at work to see what settings may be affecting you.

As to graphic formats, we use .jpg, .tif, .png, .bmp, and occasionally .gif files. Whatever someone sends, we use. Most older docs used .tif files since the main guy back then thought those were necessary. Now most are .jpg since we get those from the camera or .png since SnagIt is popping them out in that format and no one has bothered to reset our output settings, meaning all of us, me included. Lazy, I guess.

If could be your issue is a Windows update. Since there are so many, they could slide something in without you knowing. And with no support for XP now, it is possible that an update has a compatibility issue with an XP program.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynne Wright" <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>