Meeting minutes for an HR project

Subject: Meeting minutes for an HR project
From: Karl Norman <kylesimmons0164 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:38:54 -0500

Hi all,

I've read some of the previous threads regarding meeting minutes and found
the information (and the complimentary TechWhirl template) quite useful.
I've been asked to record minutes for a new project one of our VPs has
initiated. Basically, VP wants to sit down for lunch with a handful of
non-management employees to get their opinions about the business. VP wants
me to take note of "important things," which I translate to meeting minutes.

My question to you all is this: do you have any advice for taking and
organizing minutes during an unstructured "meet and greet" type meeting
such as this one. I want to be able to deliver my VP a MEMO or similarly
formal document with action items from this meeting.

I should also mention that this is the first time the VP has asked for my
help with something, and I want to take advantage of the opportunity. The
way I see it, anybody can take minutes, but a tech writer should be able to
take minutes with style ;)

--
*Kyle Simmons*

Technical Writer