Re: Choosing a base style guide

Subject: Re: Choosing a base style guide
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: Kelly Smith <KellyMJSmith -at- gmail -dot- com>, techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:17:31 -0700

When you're writing about software, the MS Manual of Style is much
better than any general style guide.

It's my primary style guide. I occasionally refer to Chicago when MMS
doesn't cover something.

I ignore much of MS's guidelines on writing procedures, the advanced
users I write for don't need long, wordy descriptions of UI
navigation.

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l