RE: Advice for interviewing new tech writers

Subject: RE: Advice for interviewing new tech writers
From: "Robart, Kay" <Kay -dot- Robart -at- tea -dot- texas -dot- gov>
To: Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, Kelly Smith <KellyMJSmith -at- gmail -dot- com>, techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 19:32:36 +0000

Yes, I think instincts are very important. I once had some red flags about one applicant even though she was very nice and seemed competent in the interview. I told my boss my doubts, but she was determined to hire her. After being relocated by the company from across the country, the new employee came to work a total of one day and then went on disability. They only ended up being able to lay her off after six months, during a regular layoff.