Re: User Documentation Book Suggestions

Subject: Re: User Documentation Book Suggestions
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Technical Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 10:40:45 -0500

I second the recommendation for "Technical Editing: The Practical Guide for
Editors and Writers"
by Judith Tarutz, 1992. That was our editing textbook when I got my TW
certificate back in 2001 and it's an excellent book.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 7:53 PM, Monuck Melikian <cmelikian -at- mac -dot- com> wrote:

> I recommend "Technical Editing: The Practical Guide for Editors and
> Writers"
> by Judith Tarutz, 1992. It wasn't published recently, but it is still an
> excellent reference. It is currently available from Amazon for $35.02.
>
> Read the customer reviews on Amazon for a more thorough commentary than I
> have time for here.
>
> Chuck
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: techwr-l-bounces+cmelikian=mac -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+cmelikian=mac -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf
> Of
> Naomi L Burnett
> Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:32 PM
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: User Documentation Book Suggestions
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm very new to the editing field, and I'm looking for a book on editing
> for
> user documentation, preferably one that has been published recently.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Thank you so much!
>
> Best,
>
> Naomi
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy &
> Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word |
> http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as cmelikian -at- mac -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy &
> Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word |
> http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>



--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/
Blogging about Agile and technical writing
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy & Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word | http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


Follow-Ups:

References:
User Documentation Book Suggestions: From: Naomi L Burnett
RE: User Documentation Book Suggestions: From: Monuck Melikian

Previous by Author: Re: "use-case based documentation"
Next by Author: Re: "use-case based documentation"
Previous by Thread: Re: User Documentation Book Suggestions
Next by Thread: User Documentation Book Suggestions


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads