Re: User Documentation Book Suggestions

Subject: Re: User Documentation Book Suggestions
From: David Renn <daverenn08 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Kate Schneider <kateschneider42 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 23:49:08 -0500

I apparently attended the same program at Northeastern and read "Technical
Editing" as well. I'm the copyeditor for my Technical Communication
department, and I still reference the book every now and then several years
after first purchasing it. I recommend it for sure.
On Feb 17, 2015 11:42 PM, "Kate Schneider" <kateschneider42 -at- gmail -dot- com>
wrote:

> We used this "Technical Editing," by Carolyn Rude & Angela Eaton, in my
> class at Northeastern. Good book, but woooooo, expensive.
>
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0205786715/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1424234299&sr=8-1&keywords=technical+editing+5th+edition&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=51wrLRDoivL&ref=plSrch
>
>
> On Tuesday, February 17, 2015, Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca> wrote:
>
> > Is that the only book on technical editing? We used that at BCIT too.
> >
> > -Tony
> >
> > On Tuesday, February 17, 2015, Monuck Melikian <cmelikian -at- mac -dot- com
> > <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > > I recommend "Technical Editing: The Practical Guide for Editors and
> > > Writers"
> > > by Judith Tarutz, 1992. It wasn't published recently, but it is still
> an
> > > excellent reference. It is currently available from Amazon for $35.02.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy &
> > Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word |
> > http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as kateschneider42 -at- gmail -dot- com
> > <javascript:;>.
> >
> > To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> > techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com <javascript:;>
> >
> >
> > Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com <javascript:;>.
> Visit
> > http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> > info.
> >
> > Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our
> online
> > magazine at http://techwhirl.com
> >
> > Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> > email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
> >
>
>
> --
> Kate Schneider
> Cell: 619-218-6243
> Email: kateschneider42 -at- gmail -dot- com
> www.linkedin.com/in/kateschneider/
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy &
> Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word |
> http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as daverenn08 -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy & Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word | http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


References:
User Documentation Book Suggestions: From: Naomi L Burnett
RE: User Documentation Book Suggestions: From: Monuck Melikian
Re: User Documentation Book Suggestions: From: Tony Chung
Re: User Documentation Book Suggestions: From: Kate Schneider

Previous by Author: RE: FrameMaker book hauntings
Next by Author: Re: "Is it possible for Technical Authors to write content more quickly?"
Previous by Thread: Re: STC Journals and other professional materials
Next by Thread: Re: User Documentation Book Suggestions


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads