RE: New writer looking for advice

Subject: RE: New writer looking for advice
From: "Weissman, Jessica" <WeissmanJ -at- abacustech -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 19:34:21 +0000

Why would a tech writer need two monitors? In short, to view the thing being documented and the document or notes or whatever I'm writing at the same time.

Lets me work more productively. The two monitors can be placed to minimize head turning, though I prefer head turning to alt-tabbing. Your preference may be the other way, but that doesn't invalidate mine.

The developers I worked with at one time had three monitors: one to run the software, one to view the analytics or the live log, and one to view the code. Some of them wanted a 4th monitor, but management thought they would be using that one to play World of Warcraft so the request was denied.

- Jessica

Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring | http://adobe.ly/scpwfT