Re: PDF filenames - include release designation ?

Subject: Re: PDF filenames - include release designation ?
From: Ryan Young <ryangyoung -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 12:18:58 -0700

What Robert said.

Doc revisions that occur between releases shouldn't change the version of
software that is being documented, unless the revision is part of a hotfix,
in which case the software version should also be incremented.

Rather than creating new branches for each release, you can tag them:
https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Basics-Tagging