Seeking Online Help Surveys Advice

Subject: Seeking Online Help Surveys Advice
From: David Renn <daverenn08 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 15:37:16 -0500

Hi Whirlers,

My company is working to put together a set of survey questions to gather
information about our online help users.

The general premise is to simply find out more about our users. That is,
who they are, what information they typically look for, what sort of
format/organization they prefer online help content to be in, what they
think of our current help, etc, etc.

For those of you who have experience with this, do you have any stories to
share about your experience or general advice? Are there any particular
questions you think are must-haves to include in surveys like this? Is
there a sort of tone or way of framing questions that yield the most
helpful results? Overall, what advice do you have that would potentially
get the best information to us provide the most relevant, meaningful,
direct, and user-friendly help content?

Thanks!

-Dave