RE: How do you distribute documents

Subject: RE: How do you distribute documents
From: "Margaret Cekis" <margaret -dot- cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 16:08:59 -0500

Caroline Tabach asked, " How do you distribute documents?"
_____________________________
Caroline:
My most recent contracts have been with a couple of startups and another
small company. The primary documentation tool was MS Word, and distribution
was via PDF files, either downloaded from each company's website, or
distributed with the company's software.
For my banking automation employer, I prepared two sets of PDF files for
each manual, one without blank pages for online use (their help provided the
online PDF of the manual) , and one set up with all sections starting on a
right-hand page for duplex printing. Some clients provided printed copies
of the manuals for their tellers and other staff who used the software, and
the company's sales people wanted printed manuals available to show
customers.
My choice for online usability for user guides was to use a landscape layout
to minimize users' online scrolling as much as possible. That was less of an
issue for Admin guides and installation instructions, because they were
distributed to only a small group of users, and usually printed out.
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA