Re: Translation Software - pulling terms from software

Subject: Re: Translation Software - pulling terms from software
From: Sean Brierley <sean -dot- brierley -at- gerbertechnology -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 16:54:10 -0400

Hi,

I've been involved with translation on and off for several years. As
mentioned, it is important to know how your product is set up to handle
translation.

I've been using a couple of translation vendors lately, one of whom is SDL.
They have done a great job for me and, additionally, they own Passolo
software that we use for a couple of things, including in-house translation
by our own people and outsourcing translation to SDL (
http://www.sdl.com/cxc/language/software-localization/passolo).

In any event, even if you have planned for translation, setting up the
initial project will take time and money. After you get the process
established and move your content to the system you set up, things will
become fairly painless.

Cheers,

Sean