RE: Word 2013 is Levitating Inline Graphics Created in

Subject: RE: Word 2013 is Levitating Inline Graphics Created in
From: Kevin Ryan <kevin -dot- ryan -at- systemsandsoftware -dot- net>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:49:00 +0000

Thanks, Monique for steering me in the right direction. As I scrutinized things more closely, I saw that my levitating inline graphics were limited to the first paragraph of any page, except the first line of that first paragraph (on which the graphic displayed correctly). The Options menu did contain a switch called "Suppress extra line spacing at the top of the page" but selecting this did not help me. The "Suppress space before/after a hard page or column break" switch I could not find.

However, after reading the link you sent I decided to look again at my paragraph formatting (created six or seven years ago) and I see that my body paragraph format has SPACING AFTER set to 6 pt and SPACING BEFORE set to "AUTO." I tried changing SPACING BEFORE to zero, and the levitation problem went away. So, I will use this sort of paragraph-format-change method when editing levitated sections in the future. I should probably get rid of the "Automatic" space before as this setting apparently isn't as "smart" as it thinks it is. Seems rather silly, though.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Kevin