LinkedIn - Facebook for Professionals? or is it really "Myspace"

Subject: LinkedIn - Facebook for Professionals? or is it really "Myspace"
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 11:35:55 -0400

A few days ago, my daughter forwarded me one of those LinkedIn ads for jobs that might apply to her. She is in the film industry as a PA and 2nd AD. Most of the jobs were for a technical writer. ???

So for grins, I decided to click the link to her profile to see what was there that might trigger it.

"You and this LinkedIn user donât know anyone in common

You can only view the profiles of users within your network. However, as you add connections, you may discover people you know in common."

So I don't know my daughter? We have the same last name and they think she is a technical writer, yet they send me connections for hundreds of people who have all sorts of unrelated backgrounds, job titles, and locations thinking I know them?
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |

Re: Developments in the review cycle: From: Chris Despopoulos