Re: oXygen XML editor for XSDs and (potentially) tech doc formats: Mac or Win?

Subject: Re: oXygen XML editor for XSDs and (potentially) tech doc formats: Mac or Win?
From: Michael Hopwood <Michael -dot- Hopwood -at- Gleif -dot- org>
To: Alan Houser <arh -at- groupwellesley -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 16:49:28 +0000

Hi Alan,

Correct.

I got the schema docsâ content and formatting looking maybe 60-80% just using

- annotation/documentation elements (for single-sourcing goodness) and
- a little bit of HTML (plenty to enable a minimum semantics as I mentioned below and even a nested list suitable for exporting to shiny Word docs for review)

I would say you got your 2 for 2, Sir!

Best wishes,

Michael

On 7/26/16, 6:28 PM, "Alan Houser" <arh -at- groupwellesley -dot- com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

Let's see if I can go 2 for 2 ...

It's been a while since I've used it, but check out oXygen's schema
documentation generator: "Tools>Generate Documentation>Generate Schema
Documentation." The online help for the tool is pretty good.

I would generally favor the schema "annotation" and "documentation"
elements over free-form XML comments for what you're doing.

HTH!

-Alan

Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.
Consultant and Trainer, Technical Publishing
arh on Twitter
412-450-0532