RE: Sigh - yet another weird RoboHelp problem

Subject: RE: Sigh - yet another weird RoboHelp problem
From: "Jack DeLand" <jackdeland -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Keith Hood'" <bus -dot- write -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:52:48 -0400

My condolences, Keith.

I have encountered a possibly related problem with lengthy responsive menus
displayed through Firefox. There is a way of handling menus that are too
long to fit in the screen in Firefox that means a second vertical scroll bar
appears inside the window pane. IE and Chrome handle this "overflow"
differently, so it is not a problem in that case, i.e., the user sees only
the "normal" scroll bar.

I can't see your layout, of course. Do you have a lengthy vertical menu at
the side of the window? If so, then my guess is that something in IE is not
handling this overflow correctly (assuming it is an overflow issue). Does
the Dev guy's IE have the same problem no matter how the window is sized? If
your window and his are shaped exactly the same, does he still get the
error, and not you? I don't know how Robo sets up the Multiscreen layout.

I'm hoping that by now your Dev guy has installed Chrome so you can test it
there, too. If it works for him in Chrome, then ... ?

Jack DeLand
MadSkills (Flare) Consultant and Trainer
734 972 3026
www.adamcharlesconsulting.com