RE: Sickening stuff from Engineers

Subject: RE: Sickening stuff from Engineers
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>
To: Steve Hudson <sh1448291904 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 00:16:19 +0000

You know, I saw parts of the whole thread and figured I'd read the article and come away with an entirely different viewpoint, based on the replies.

I have to confess that upon reading the beginning of this article, I had the same experience as the OP: it leaves you with a kind of sickening feeling in the stomach.

I didn't read the whole thing but scanning through, it seems to have that same tone.

It's uninspiring and not creative at all. In fact it seems to take all the joy out of the creative aspects of publishing and typography.

Very dry, very dull, and very unpleasant.

Never thought I'd be agreeing with the OP but he's right on.

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:12 AM, Steve Hudson wrote:

Of course, I couldn't read that without a comment.

To you guys, I will say this. This link contains high macabre comedy regarding how an engineer approaches typography. I need medicating urgently.

Steve Hudson
Word Heretic

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |