Re: marketing writer + webmaster = content director?

Subject: Re: marketing writer + webmaster = content director?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 16:13:07 -0700

Except for search engine optimization, tech docs for the web are
generally the same as tech docs for print or online help or any other
delivery format.

Most companies' web sites have more pages devoted to marketing than
anything else, so it makes sense for marketing to own that.

I've done webmastering stuff at some of the startups I've worked for.