Re: "Technical Writing as a Part of User Experience"

Subject: Re: "Technical Writing as a Part of User Experience"
From: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 15:54:54 -0700

Hear, hear! And make mine chocolate!
Honestly. Why do tech writers feel it's just fine to have to beg and
grovel for our colleagues' participation?
I'm not at all against bringing in treats: just last week I brought in
lots of oregano and lemon balm from my herb garden. But the goodies are
for _everyone_ to _enjoy_. They are _not_ a bribe to get people to do
their jobs. Nobody would think that they'd have to give me a treat in
order to get me to do my work. (Well, paycheck excluded :-).

Dude, if it works for you, that's fine. But as a professional interacting
with other professionals, I think it's time Dev baked US some d*mn cookies.

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Slager Timothy J <
[1]Timothy -dot- Slager -at- dematic -dot- com> wrote:

Oh, and on a critical project, I once motivated warring parties to agree
by bringing fresh-baked cookies, opening the container so we could smell
them, and promising to share them after we all signed off.