Re: For references or directives, do you say where/why and then what/how, or vice versa?

Subject: Re: For references or directives, do you say where/why and then what/how, or vice versa?
From: Janice Manwiller <jmanwiller05 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:16:03 +0000 (UTC)

I also strongly believe in putting what the user is doing or looking for first, so they can verify that that's what they really want to do before taking an action.
I just think it's clearer and helps avoid unintended actions.
"Click OK ..... (user clicks OK) .... to completely erase your hard drive and launch the missiles."
An extreme and sort of silly example, but I still like having that chance to confirm.

Janice