Re: Gmail [Reply] routing help

Subject: Re: Gmail [Reply] routing help
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:32:24 -0700

I can't reproduce the error. However, I sent my question to you and your reply came to the list. Did you set the "To" to the list or is that the error? When following your steps, the "To" for the reply arrow in the Gmail conversation always shows and sends to the correct recipient. However, I have conversation view enabled. Would that make a difference?

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/general

I think it could have something to do with the Reply dropdown in the quoted reply message and the first recipient in the conversation. Reply and Reply All have quirks and both are Reply All after selecting Reply All. See if you have a reply all option when replying and look at who is first in that line-up.

Or you could have created a loop in send from and send copies to settings.

Or somebody could have used Bcc somewhere.

On 8/17/2018 10:34 AM, Chris Morton wrote:

*Send mail as:* > *When replying to a message:* has been set to *Reply from
the same address the message was sent to*.

But a thread will go like this:

1) I send an email as chris -at- isntthatwrite -dot- com to recipient XYZ.
2) XYZ responds to chris -at- isntthatwrite -dot- com -dot- 3) I respond to XYZ, with the *To:* field clearly addressed to XYZ.
4) Repeat step 2.
5) I try to respond to XYZ, but now *To:* shows chris -at- isntthatwrite -dot- com -dot-
Not yet being trained to always check at step 5, this has caused me more
than once to think I've turned in an assignment, only to have the client
ask hours or a day later, "Where the @#!% is it?"