RE: Will Adobe Reader DC Update Impact my Adobe Acrobat XI?

Subject: RE: Will Adobe Reader DC Update Impact my Adobe Acrobat XI?
From: Kevin Ryan <kryan -at- harriscomputer -dot- com>
To: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:56:04 +0000

Thanks, Tony. I prefer to have full Acrobat XI as my primary PDF application anyway, and Adobe Reader DC as my alternate reader. My fear was that by updating my DC Reader I would experience some foot-in-the-door, uncalled-for overwrites by Adobe that would hurt my ok-functioning Acrobat XI (which Iâm lucky to haveâAdobe made the install file unavailable this year even to people like me with install keys). I was fearing something akin to Lucy pulling the football away just as Charlie Brown is about to kick it. But I followed the earlier advice I received from this list and went ahead with the update. Acrobat seems ok. Only problem is that Acrobat XI dialogs such as the print dialog have absurdly large fonts that push the print button off the dialog. This seems to be an ignored/unresolved problem on internet posts by other Acrobat users with the same problem.

Kevin

Harriscomputer

Kevin Ryan
Technical Writer, Research & Development
P: 802-865-1170x82412
E: kryan -at- harriscomputer -dot- com

[cid:systems-and-software-logo_fb337cde-842d-4df4-a70d-ba6845848677.png]

10 E Allen Street
Suite 201
Winooski, VT 05404
www.ssivt.com<http://www.ssivt.com>

This message has been sent on behalf of a company that is part of the Harris Operating Group of Constellation Software Inc.
If you prefer not to be contacted by Harris Operating Group please notify us<http://subscribe.harriscomputer.com/>.

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.