Re: Will Adobe Reader DC Update Impact my Adobe Acrobat XI?

Subject: Re: Will Adobe Reader DC Update Impact my Adobe Acrobat XI?
From: Thorsten Konersmann <tk -at- documentation -dot- engineering>
To: Kevin Ryan <kryan -at- harriscomputer -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 16:13:29 +0100

Older Adobe applications do not work well with the âscale and layoutâ
display setting in Windows 10. Thatâs why buttons may âfall off the edgeâ
of a dialog as in your case.

A workaround for such Adobe applications is to set âscale and layoutâ to
100% and not higher. On very high-res displays (4K/24", 5K/27") this may be
undesirable, though, because all UI elements become very small.

The âscale and layoutâ setting is depicted, for example, in this
screenshot:
https://images.idgesg.net/images/article/2018/07/scalingwindows10-100764460-large.jpg
(part of this post
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2953978/use-windows-10s-individual-display-scaling-to-perfect-your-multi-monitor-setup.amp.html
)

In FM 2015, I had discovered and reported a UI bug related to the âscale
and layoutâ setting that actually crashed FM on a 5K display. AFAIK Adobe
has specified later FM versions to work only with up to 4K resolution
displays.

Therefore, I try to stick to UHD resolution or less for legacy Adobe
software.

--
Von unterwegs gesendet | Sent from my mobile

http://www.documentation.engineering/
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com