Re: Tips to convert Google Docs into clean HTML?

Subject: Re: Tips to convert Google Docs into clean HTML?
From: Geoff Mann <geoff -dot- mann -at- uxwordsense -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 12:23:39 -0500

Just to elaborate a bit, the key conversion issue I run into with various
methods is that ordered lists break when they contain nested items such as
paragraphs and other lists.

There is a script out there (thanks, Keith) --
http://jimbir.ch/blog/clean-google-docs-html-programmatically -- that is a
few steps in the right direction for individual files, but it doesn't solve
the list numbering issue. Plus, the process isn't ideal for a large number
of files primarily because it outputs to email, which adds steps to the
overall process.

There are also a couple online HTML generators such as
https://html-online.com/editor/ and https://htmlg.com/html-editor/, but
again they don't handle nested lists well and are limited to one file at a
time. That said, any one-file-at-a-time solution is workable considering
that's all I have now.

Cheers!

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com