TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
I came across this job description for Tech Writer/Technical Marketing
Engineer. Anyone else think itâs biased?
- Facility with technology:
- Youâre curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and
you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Expert level understanding routing, switching, and fabric
technologies for Data Center networking
- Hands-on experience configuring routers, switches and firewalls
- Experience in virtualization platforms (e.g. OpenStack) or
container environments (e.g. Kubernetes) is highly desirable
- Know the craftâYou like writing more than you like doing anything else
and you have an innate ability to think like and write for administrators.
You see every feature and task as part of a broad scenario, and interested
in not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular
- InnovationâYou are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to
present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with
- OrganizationâYou can take large amounts of technical details and
organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve
their network problems.
- InitiativeâYouâre not afraid to propose changes to improve process and
quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in
hunting down the information you need.
- Interpersonal skillsâYou are able to work with developers, QA, PMs,
customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to
understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help
to solve them.
- Problem solving skillsâYou have strong critical-thinking skills and
use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users
need to complete the task at hand.
- AdaptableâYou can handle a rapid release model and adjust easily to
new or changing circumstances.
- Must have expert level knowledge of networking, network protocols, and
APIs. Having a CCNA/JNCIA certification is desirable.
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing from
- Writers/Engineers with proven experience of documenting Solution
documentation, App Notes, Whitepapers, Configuration documents and API docs
- Proficiency with FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Help N Doc, and image
editing tools is desirable.
- HTML experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with Bugzilla (bugs) and Confluence (collaboration) is
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision. Experience
working in a startup environment is a strong plus.
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com