STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board

Subject: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board
From: Richard Everman <reverman -at- KA -dot- REG -dot- UCI -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1993 08:17:31 PST

In addition to universities, you may also want to consider associations.
There are associations in the DC area, such as the ACE, that have Internet
connection and have provided connectivity to the Net for other non-profit
organizations.

A second, perhaps (perhaps not) more costly solution, is to consider a
for-profit organization.

In addition, I would contact Vinton Cerf <vcerf -at- cnri -dot- reston -dot- va -dot- us>, or an
associate, at the Internet Society for suggestions and options.

Richard
reverman -at- uci -dot- edu

From: "Focus on 3 things: Quality, Quality, Quality"
<raven -at- USABLE -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1993 08:45:39 EST
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Subject: Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board

>TO: Binion Amerson et other fellow STC-ers:

>FROM: Jack Ferstel, Senior Member STC, U. of SW Louisiana

> Why don't we push for an Internet connection for the STC office?

> There are many universities in the DC area that offer special rates to
>non-profit organizations who wish to use their e-mail facilities.

Hear hear! What a great idea! I know that you, Binion, are occupied
with the upcoming conference. Perhaps it would be best to approach
Jo-Ann Hackos about it; Maybe we could get the Board of directors to address the
issue at their meeting at the conference in June (or before that!)

To Jack: How do we go about contacting universities for special rates for
non-profit orgs??

Mary Beth Raven
Digital Equipment Corporation
Nashua, NH