Bitnet vs. Internet and all that help

Subject: Bitnet vs. Internet and all that help
From: Joseph T Chew <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1993 08:40:24 PST

Many thanks! And if I may prevail upon you folks a little more...
when you find and send us those user-oriented instructions, could
you also look for references to technical documentation and
"helps-and-hints" resources? I'm sure that there are a lot of
sysops who sort of muddle along without formal training in these
matters, and who would be happy to provide better service to their
users if they knew how (especially in ways that are cheap or free :).

As for getting the STC online, you might want to ask the IEEE how
they worked their net.connection (postmaster -at- ieee -dot- org ought to do it).
I think the STC is a not-for-profit in spite of dues that lately have
been scaring the three-figure range (sorry, couldn't resist) and
should therefore be able to wheedle somebody into a cheap Internet
connection.

--Joe