Will this message ever get posted.....?

Subject: Will this message ever get posted.....?
From: gaa6926 -at- UCS -dot- USL -dot- EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1993 10:26:05 -0600

This is attempt number three to post this message to the mailing list. Let's
see if it works this time.

Karen Muldrow writes:
> most email users are not
> anonymous. We typically have gender-specific names. Race and other physical

Well, I am gaa6926 thanks to the powers that be in U.S.L.'s computing center.
I've found that not all of the electronic communications I receive have a real
name in the header. Without a signature, there is at least the possibility of
genderless communications.

What I find most appealing about e-mail, net news, and so forth is that
I can enter intelectual converstations with only my intelect. I can argue
issues and be judged only by what I write. There is no consideration of my
age, the length of my hair, or other irrelevant issues. What I write is
judged as writing and ideas, and nothing else.

BTW, I have an undergraduate degree in applied science (computer science and
math) and I am working on a master's degree in rhetoric. I worked for
three years as a technical writer, doing mostly software documentation.
I've worked as a programmer and my current assistantship duties include
PC repair and sundry other electronic chores.

glen accardo University of Southwestern Louisiana
gaa -at- srl01 -dot- cacs -dot- usl -dot- edu English Graduate School
Did the Corinthians ever write back?