Re: Re[2]: his/her > A New Editing Question

Subject: Re: Re[2]: his/her > A New Editing Question
From: vabella -at- TUBA -dot- CALPOLY -dot- EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1993 13:55:11 -0800

Re: imposing your voice on a piece...

Obviously, objectivity is impossible--no one can write totally objectively--
so the point is to choose your PROPER voice. (Sorry about the caps, but I
wanted to emphasize it, and italics don't work.)

I'm curious as to why people believe that objectivity is a wonderful goal. It
seems to me that, as technical writers, our job is to mediate between the
technical and human (or classical and romantic, if you like), which requires
an understanding of both sides.

P.S. Is everyone going to Dallas?