Central documentation archive

Subject: Central documentation archive
From: lpraderio <lpraderi -at- CLIFF -dot- WHOI -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1993 17:37:34 EDT

Hi Folks,

I remember some discussion on this list about sharing with each other the
documentation we've written, maybe an anonymous FTP site with different
sections or something.

I know for myself that when I've had to write e-mail addressing documents, it
really helped to read other organization's documents (thanks NCAR, MIT,
UTexas, and others). With permission, I was able to adapt stuff to my user's
needs and and it was easier than "reinventing the document."

If someone is interested in setting up an archive then that would be nice, but
at the very least perhaps we could post access information for our local
archives.

Happy Spring.

Laura Praderio
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution