Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker

Subject: Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker
From: Michael Fraase <mfraase -at- FARCES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1993 12:41:25 -0600

> I'm currently researching the options for a FrameMaker online help
> system. No screen captures involved, but I currently think that
> FrameMaker might run too slowly to be an effective or convenient to run
> an online help system. I've heard recently about about a "view only"
> version of Framemaker that might be ideal for this purpose. Has anybody
> seen this version of FrameMaker in action?

> Anatole Wilson

My experience is that FrameMaker's faster than anything else. I use a
Macintosh IIci (without a cache card) and I've integrated our in-house style
guide as well as the style guides of all of my publishers into FrameMaker's
online help system. It's very effective *and* convenient.

The view-only version of FrameMaker is called FrameReader. There's also a
FrameViewer product for UNIX boxes.

--
Michael Fraase, proprietor | Voice: 612/698-0741
Arts & Farces | Fax: 612/698-5106