Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker

Subject: Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1993 13:29:23 -0600

>an online help system. I've heard recently about about a "view only"
>version of Framemaker that might be ideal for this purpose. Has anybody
>seen this version of FrameMaker in action?

I may be mistaken, but I believe one of the drawbacks of the FrameReader
approach is that there is a licensing fee for each site that uses it. You
don't simply purchase it and include it with your documentation; each of
your users must buy a FrameReader license. What the fee for this is, I
don't know.

Feel free to virtually slap me silly if I'm way off base on this.

Matthew B. Hicks | Unidata Program Center | ((ovo)) The spotted owl:
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu | UCAR, PO Box 3000 | ():::() the other "other
303/497-8676 | Boulder, CO 80307-3000 | VVV white meat."