Re: Welcome and how to leave

Subject: Re: Welcome and how to leave
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1993 18:20:23 PDT

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with technology, user-friendliness,
or computers! It occurs for the same reason you can put up a sign
saying something in huge red letters in a place where everyone can
see it, and there will still be people who don't see it. Humans are
both gifted and burdened with selective attention -- we couldn't
handle life without it, but with it we occasionally (often, even!)
act like clods.

I can definitely empathize with you, Peter, but as a technical
communicator I think it would be detrimental to become a techno-elitist!
Part of our job is to deal with human nature and cognition as-is.
Not always a pretty sight, but there you have it!

Faith Weber
weber -at- easi -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com