Re: Academic/technical writing

Subject: Re: Academic/technical writing
From: "Laurel Lynam, SPIE" <LAUREL -at- MOM -dot- SPIE -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1993 08:36:02 -0700

RE: Imperfections in e-mail -- someone mentioned mediocre mail editors -such
is the case with us and our VMS mail. Once you hit return on a line, the
only choice is abort and start again to fix an error.

All these messages put me in mind of a quote from the NorthWestNet Internet
Passport:
"Be precise in what you send, and forgiving of what you receive"

It seems that ya'all as Technical Writers are bit nit-picky -- I think
considering the medium should be part of the reaction <rather along the lines
of
"consider the source">

Have a great Weekend -- Pray for Sunshine!

From the Very Wet Northwest---

< Laurel Lynam Computer Support laurel -at- mom -dot- spie -dot- org >
< SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering; Bellingham, WA >
< Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty -- Anne Herbert >