TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
This is a desperate try to save our last course in university.
We are writing a study about the Net, how it all started, about the people
living in it, however trying to explain the basics of how it all works.
That includes you, reader of this message.
We would be more than grateful if we could get your answers to the following
1. For how many years have you known that Internet existed?
2. How often do you use the Net? (occasions per month)
3. Whatfor? (hobby, in your profession, socialy...)
4. How do you access the Net? (university, profession, friends, private...)
5. Has the Net taken over roles that other media played before? (telephone,
newspapers, TV, girlfriend...)
6. What newsgroups/type of information do you take part of?
7. Male or Female?
If you have the time;
9. What's your future visions about the Net? Limits and/or possibilities.
10.How do you think/hope law and censorship will change over time ahead?
We also want to apologize for taking up so much bandwidth with this.
This request has been spread to 60 newsgroups, chosen at random, but,
you know how it is, term end is closing up, panic spreads.
Email address: fm91hn -at- hik -dot- se (or if thats busy) fm91pb -at- hik -dot- se
Sincere Respect And May The Force Be With You All!
Peter & Henrik