STC in England

Subject: STC in England
From: "S.North" <north -at- HGL -dot- SIGNAAL -dot- NL>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1993 09:35:12 +0200

Robert,

There is no STC chapter in England. There is one in Paris - it has been around
for just a few months and, to my intense annoyance, purports to represent the
interests of the whole of Europe.

Instead there (since about 1926) is the ISTC (Institute of Scientific and
Technical Communicators) based at:

Kings Court 2/16 Goodge Street
London W1P 1FF
Tel 071-436-4425
Fax 071-580-0747

Although London based there are various local branches with a wide range of
regional activities. As an STC member, I believe that through common
membership of INTERCOM there is a reciprocal membership agreement so that you
can automatically avail yourself free of charge of almost everything that the
ISTC has to offer. (I think Tom Warren at Oakland U is responsible for the STCs
contacts with Europe; he can possibly tell you more). If you want, tell me
exactly where you are going and I' mail you the adress of the nearest ISTC
branch.

Simon JJ North BA EngTech FISTC Consultant, Communication of
north -at- hgl -dot- signaal -dot- nl Technical Information
Tel: (+31)-(0)74-483533 (work) Quality Group
(+31)-(0)5490-28623 (home) Software Research & Development
-------------------------------- Hollandse Signaalapparaten BV
The opinions expressed do not PO Box 42, 7550 GD Hengelo
represent those of my employer. The Netherlands.