Subject: TECHWR-L Digest - 21 Jun 1993 to 22 Jun 1993
From: Greg Kushmerek <gkushmer -at- JADE -dot- TUFTS -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 08:23:30 EDT

Hi, I have a question.

Mary Beth Raven said:

> The Windows Interface: An Application Design Guide (For
> Microsoft Windows UI's) Microsoft Press ISBN 1-55615-384-8 $24.95 in
> the US.

> "System Application Architecutre Common User Access: guide to
> User Interface Design" (SC34-4289) and the "System Application
> Architecture Common User Access: Advanced Interface Design Reference
> (SC34-4290) available from IBM (but exactly how you would go about
> ordering them from IBM, I do not know). Also of note; the OSf and IBM
> (with the help of an OSf special Interest Group) are in the process of
> merging the OSf/MOtif Style GUide and the Common User Acceses (CUA)
> documents. That merged book will the the OSF/Motif Style Guide V2.0
> and I'm not sure when it will be available.

I've heard that the MS-Windows interface is CUA 1989 compliant, since
MS was working closely with IBM on OS/2 at the time. Can anyone
confirm that?

Cheers,

--gk

Greg Kushmerek "They [Australians] don't spell 'beer'
Sr. Researcher/Development with four X's out of ignorance. . .And
Tufts University light beer is a creation of the Prince
Medford, MA of Darkness."
gkushmer -at- jade -dot- tufts -dot- edu -Morse, Thames Valley C.I.D.-