Query about an abbreviation

Subject: Query about an abbreviation
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1993 15:16:56 EDT

I have a manuscript with an abbreviation I don't recognize and
can't find in my references, and thought you might be able to
help. (The author is in France and not on the net, and I'm
trying to save time; not speaking French, I don't want to deal
with international phone rates to attempt to connect with her.)
The abbreviation is "HDL" and has to do with the software
development life cycle: "Orthogonal defect classification can be
used as early as the HDL phase." (I figure if it's not in my
references, I should spell it out for my readers.)

Thanks.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com