Re: STC and Internet, etc.

Subject: Re: STC and Internet, etc.
From: John Ferstel <jwf3885 -at- UCS -dot- USL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1993 17:39:09 -0500

To Faith and Steve:

One still has to wonder why it is easier for the STC Office to answer letter
mail rather than electronic mail. The "influx" in electronic mail might reduce
the
amount of letter mail coming into the office any way.

Oh, well, this has come up before on this list. It appears that STC is simply
not ready to commit itself to electronic mail --I still find this amazing
from people who are so heavily involved with the computer industry! Could it be
that our STC officials are simply too enamored with their FAX machines to
make the transition. At least that is the rationale that I have intuited from
many academic heads and directors. Of course, they do not bother to ask WHO
has a FAX machine! I guess as the FAX/modem peripheral becomes more common
this may not be such a problem.

Jack Ferstel
Senior member, STC