Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board

Subject: Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board
From: sradecki -at- SHERPA -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 10:45:31 PDT

> It's unfortunate your contact with STC left you
> dissatisfied with the organization. But, as an STC member,
> I want to hear more specific complaints/criticisms. You
> may be one of many who haven't made their opinions public.

I completely agree, Chuck! I have been a member of STC for
about four years or so now, and find it to be a fabulous
organization, overall. Sure, it has its pitfalls, but looking
at the big picture, its usefulness far outweighs those pitfalls.

As for the Internet issue, I don't know that I want to pay
extra dues for that access. Sure it would be nice to have, but
it would definitely raise the dues, considering what the annual
report shows as far as where-our-dues-go. (sorry, but I don't
have the information at my fingertips, or I would share the
breakdown. I do know that after the local chapter takes its
itty bitty share, and the Intercom gets produced, and various
other things happen, there is very little left over. . .

Best regards, and I hope Peter can explain to us why he is
so sour on STC! (I happen to carry a torch for it because its
how I found one of my first Tech Writing jobs!!

September Radecki
Sr. Technical Writer
Sherpa Corporation
sradecki -at- sherpa -dot- com