Re: Ventura Publisher question

Subject: Re: Ventura Publisher question
From: Jonathan Lavigne <jpl -at- LYRA -dot- STANFORD -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 04:52:01 GMT

docwrite -at- odutsa -dot- att -dot- com writes:

>We publish a document in Ventura Publisher (3.0, not Windows) that is
>actually an assembly of many small ones. What we'd like to do is be able
>to print the document pieces with a DOS command line or script (that is,
>not have to open a section in VP, click on print, print ... open up
>another section ... repeat the process ad nauseam).

>This would probably be an "aftermarket" program. Also in addition to
>printing this way, we'd like to be able to have the output go to a
>PostScript file, rather than directly to the printer.

>Any VP users out there aware of any tools to do this?
Denis,
I'm not quite sure I understand your questions. You already have a tool to
print to a PostScript file. Ventura itself will do it. Under Option/Set
Printer Info, just choose Filename for "Output to:". If your "document pieces"
are separate chapters, you can also use Ventura to print these with a single
command. Just create a publication that includes all the chapters. Of course
you won't be able to do either of these things without running Ventura, but
you won't need to open each chapter separately either.
Jonathan Lavigne BL -dot- JPL -at- RLG -dot- STANFORD -dot- EDU
Research Libraries Group/Stanford University