Re: degree programs

Subject: Re: degree programs
From: Jolene Galegher <galegher+ -at- ANDREW -dot- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1993 13:23:28 -0400

Jennifer's listing of technical writing degree programs lists our
master's degree program, but, as the earlier posts from Laurie Yanyo and
Dorothy Canepari indicate, we also offer undergraduate degrees. I had
mentioned only the master's degree program in my note to Jennifer as she
had indicated that she already had an undergraduate degree.

At the undergraduate level, we offer degrees in both technical writing
and professional writing; these degrees differ, not surprisingly, in the
number of technical courses required.

We are very proud of both our undergraduate and graduate students, and
they have historically done very well in a variety of job markets.
Anyone interested in getting printed information about our degree
programs can write to:

Alan Kennedy, Head
Department of English
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

To ask questions about our programs via e-mail, you could reply to this
post, or write to David Kaufer (kaufer+ -at- andrew -dot- cmu -dot- edu), who is the
co-ordinator of the master's degree program.

Jolene Galegher
Associate Professor