Re: degree programs

Subject: Re: degree programs
From: Stuart Selber <sselber -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1993 15:14:09 -0400

I'd like to add Michigan Tech (located in the upper peninsula of Michigan)
to the list of degree programs, which has the largest undergraduate program
in scientific and technical communication in the country (well over 100
students), a master's degree in rhetoric and technical communication (over
30 students), and a PhD in rhetoric and technical communication (over 40
students). If anyone wants specific information about these programs,
respond to my personal mail and I'll be glad to send it along.

Stuart

>Thanks to all who responded to my question about degree programs.
>I'm posting the results for inquiring minds.

>Programs in Tech. Writing or Tech. Communications:

>Bowling Green State U., Bowling Green, Ohio - MS, Ph.D.
>Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA - Masters
>Clarkson University, upstate New York
>Durham Technical Community College, North Carolina - certificate in
> technical writing for software
>Florida Institute of Technology, B.S., M.S.
>Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ (I'll check out what they offer)
>New Mexico State, Las Cruces, NM - Masters
>North Carolina State, B.S., M.S.
>University of Texas, El Paso (or U. of El Paso?); undergrad. and Masters

>Feel free, anyone, to add to the list.

>Jennifer in Phoenix

Stuart A. Selber email: sselber -at- mtu -dot- edu
Department of Humanities phone: 906-487-3252
Michigan Technological University fax: 906-487-3347
Houghton, MI 49931