TableEditor 2.1 questions

Subject: TableEditor 2.1 questions
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1993 13:22:29 -0500

My department now has PageMaker 5.0 and its new
TableEditor, v 2.1. I have found that the new
TableEditor is so smart, that it now works as a
spreadsheet. The drawback is that we don't want
to make spreadsheet tables.

For example, we now can't enter part numbers that
contain trailing zeros (79.35010 becomes 79.3501) and
numbers in parentheses, which we use for metric conversions,
are treated as a negative number and sometimes becomes
subtracted from another number in the cell.

If other tech writers out there are using this and have
a solution, please write back. By the way, our current
solution is to use the older version of the software,
which is not "enhanced" with the spreadsheet features.

LaVonna Funkhouser
Halliburton Energy Services Duncan Technology Center
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com