Re: TableEditor 2.1 questions

Subject: Re: TableEditor 2.1 questions
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1993 14:12:01 -0500

LaVonna and others,

Sorry, I cannot help with that one, but I do have a couple of
comments about Pagemaker 5.0. I upgraded to PM5 about one month ago,
and so far have had printing problems, problems with PM not recognizing
my fonts, problems with the computer completely locking-up (CTRL-ALT-DEL
doesn't do anything), and more (different) printing problems.

I have also had remarkably unresponsive technical support, with the
general tone being "it is your problem, not ours."

In short, if you haven't upgraded, don't. If you upgraded and still have
PM4, use it. If you have the option of moving to a different package and
company entirely, do so.

I don't want to start a flame war or to start another discussion of merits
of different packages on this list, but I though I should pass my
experiences along to you all. If anyone has tips or comments, please
send them to me off the list.

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu