Access to NISO Standards

Subject: Access to NISO Standards
From: Tom Warren <TWARREN -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1993 11:59:39 CST

For all interested in Standards (NISO): The latest issue of INFORMATION
STANDARDS, Vol. 5, No. 3, July 1993, pp. 11-12 lists a way to access the
NISO Information Server (for FTP):
1. FTP to sally.fcla.ufl.edu
2. Sign on as anonymous
2b. Use your userid on your system as the password
3. Change directory to cd gopher-data/niso
4. List available files by dir
5. Retrieve a file with the get command: get <filename> <yourname>
where <filemane> is the name of the fiule on the server and <yourname>
is the name you wish to give the file when it is sent to your system.
Procedural questions may be sent to
Mark Hinnebusch, Assistant Director, Florida Center for Library
Automation
BITNET: FCLMTH -at- NERVM
INTERNET: FCLMTH -at- NERVM -dot- NERDC -dot- UFL -dot- EDU
I am not sure what all is on the server, but those asking me about
Z39.18 may be able to get copies that way or at least information about
the standard.
STATUS: Comments have gone to the Committee Chair and the next round
should begin soon. I will post a note here inviting
comments--especially from STC members (I'm representing STC on the
Committee).
Tom
Tom Warren
twarren -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu
twarren -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet