Re: Electronic newsletters

Subject: Re: Electronic newsletters
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1993 17:48:17 MDT

Bulletin boards / newsgroups are the ideal medium, because
you only download something if you want it. But since I don't
have uunet or any other newsgroup access, I vote for Internetting.

I also vote for letting each newsletter editor maintain an
alias for e-mail subscribers, rather than broadcasting to the
whole techwr-L list every time.

(Are these newsletters straight ASCII format? No control
characters, no graphics, no special word processor required?)

Our STC chapter doesn't publish its newsletter electronically,
but I'd like to receive others that are.

Ours is produced with Word and PageMaker, I think, so it oughtta
be a simple matter to read in a diskette onto my Unix box
(famous last words!) and then uuencode the file and beam it out.
But only to people with uudecode capability and PageMaker.

Cheers,

Ken d'Albenas
STC Alberta Chapter
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: kendal@/dev/not

-----
----- "Opinion? I'm allowed to have an opinion??"
-----