Re: What is ADP?

Subject: Re: What is ADP?
From: Rheal Nadeau <nadeau -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 21:24:44 GMT

Nofel) writes:

>|> In a previous article, susanm -at- NCD -dot- Com (Susan Mitchell) says:

>|> This nicely ties into your second question: What does DNA stand for?
>|> The most widely used term DNA represents is deoxyribonucleic acid, a
>|> nucleic acid that is the main constituent of the chromosomes of cells that
>|> determines hereditary characteristics. Through some chance happenstance,
>|> some say random mutation and other say intervention from interstellar
>|> visitors from E. Vermicelli, the little mammals mentioned above became
>|> what we now call Usenetters. Critters like yourself, who find it easier
>|> to post questions like these than look in the dictionary.

>Now wait a minute. Of course DNA stands for the d-- acid. But in the
>context of ADP and applying for a TW job, I think it's fair to assume
>it means something different. We're back to jargon again, and the
>dictionaries I have on my desk are no help whatsoever. It's people
>like you who are helpful, kind, and generous with sharing their wealth
>of knowledge.

I tend to agree with Pete's comment - anyone who wants to work as a
technical writer in this field must be able to look up these things!
(What will your friend do on the job, when other new terms and concepts
come up?)

Furthermore, without knowing more about the specific context, it's hard
to provide accurate information. Remember - Usenet is free information,
and you get what you pay for!

(What's that quip? Where else but Usenet can you ask a question and
immediately get 10000 different answers?)

The Rhealist - Rheal Nadeau - nadeau -at- bnr -dot- ca - Speaking only for myself