Re: What is ADP?

Subject: Re: What is ADP?
From: Susan Mitchell <susanm -at- NCD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 19:36:10 GMT

In article <25g941$660 -at- usenet -dot- INS -dot- CWRU -dot- Edu>, aa794 -at- cleveland -dot- Freenet -dot- Edu (Pete
Nofel) writes:

|> In a previous article, susanm -at- NCD -dot- Com (Susan Mitchell) says:

|> >My friend mentioned something about DNA as well. What's that?

|> This nicely ties into your second question: What does DNA stand for?
|> The most widely used term DNA represents is deoxyribonucleic acid, a
|> nucleic acid that is the main constituent of the chromosomes of cells that
|> determines hereditary characteristics. Through some chance happenstance,
|> some say random mutation and other say intervention from interstellar
|> visitors from E. Vermicelli, the little mammals mentioned above became
|> what we now call Usenetters. Critters like yourself, who find it easier
|> to post questions like these than look in the dictionary.

Now wait a minute. Of course DNA stands for the d-- acid. But in the
context of ADP and applying for a TW job, I think it's fair to assume
it means something different. We're back to jargon again, and the
dictionaries I have on my desk are no help whatsoever. It's people
like you who are helpful, kind, and generous with sharing their wealth
of knowledge.

--
Susan Mitchell
susanm -at- ncd -dot- com 415-691-2798

``Determine what is impossible to change, but, if changed,
would revolutionize your business. Then concentrate your
scarce resources on this.'' Don Tapscott, *Paradigm Shift*