Re: Adobe Acrobate

Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobate
From: "Kelly K. Hoffman" <hoffman -at- LOGICRAFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1993 10:23:26 -0500

"Edward See (695-6418)" <uupsi5!VNET.IBM.COM!edsee> writes:

>My group is interested in Acrobat as well...has anyone
>seen a demo yet?

I called Adobe, and they don't have a demo version available. They are
making copies of the Reader available for a relatively low price through
ZiffNet:

>In conjunction with ZiffNet's Executives Online forum on Adobe
>Acrobat, ZiffNet has arranged an *EXCLUSIVE* limited-time offer
>for ZiffNet and ZiffNet/Mac for the purchase of Adobe's Acrobat
>Reader viewing software for Windows or the Macintosh direct from
>Adobe at the low price of $19.95 plus $7.50 shipping and
>handling. Call 1-800-85-ADOBE to order.

Note that MacWarehouse lists a one-user copy of the Reader for $25 (plus $3
shipping), so the ZiffNet deal isn't exactly a huge discount.

We've decided to order the Readers for both platforms to see how they work
with sample files, then go from there.

-- Kelly

Kelly K. Hoffman Logicraft "Reading the manual
Technical Writer 22 Cotton Road is admitting
hoffman -at- logicraft -dot- com Nashua, NH 03063 defeat."